JOIN OUR TEAM!
Find your rewarding career with Habitat Long Island.
We are currently seeking to fill the following positions:
Construction Crew Leader
The construction crew leader plays an important part in building and repairing more homes, leading to better neighborhoods and communities. You will lead and develop groups of skilled and unskilled volunteers and homeowner families in construction activities all while maintaining a safe, efficient work environment. Using volunteer management techniques, you will manage volunteers and homeowner families as they assist in the building of new homes and/or repairing existing homes or completing weatherization projects. Together, you will perform hands-on construction tasks including, but not limited to, demolition, framing, insulation, drywall, flooring, roofing, finish carpentry and landscaping. This is a full-time position with a living allowance of $16,300, paid over the 10 1/2 months of service. Click to Learn more.
Manage the ReStore staff and day-to-day retail operations to ensure that sales goals, safety standards, and customer service standards and being met and operating efficiently.
- Provide support to the ReStore Director in the management of day-to-day store operations.
- Coordinate store layout and merchandising.
- Monitor quality of donations received through drop-offs.
- Build relationships in community with community associations and other neighborhood groups.
- Maintain volunteer program and monitor ReStore volunteers.
- Create content for ReStore social media platforms and assist with marketing, social media engagement, and social media performance.
- Ensure a safe environment for staff, shoppers, donors, and volunteers.
- Lead and train staff on various work functions, processes and customer service.
- Engage customers and provide excellent customer service.
- Assist with the selection and onboarding of new staff.
- Meet or exceed budgeted sales goals, while seeking ways to reduce operating expenses.
- Supervise daily product flow, ensuring donations are handled with care and efficiency.
- Maintain store cleanliness.
- Enforce all HFHLI and ReStore policies fairly and make policy recommendations as needed.
- Handle customer complaints when necessary.
- Perform daily Opening and Closing Procedures Checklist.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Integrity, credibility, commitment to Habitat’s mission.
- Ability to relate to people with diverse backgrounds.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Creative self-starter with ability to work both independently and with other staff and volunteers.
- Ability to provide direction to other staff and volunteers.
- Physical ability to complete work on the job site or in the store/warehouse, even during inclement weather.
- Able to safely move heavy donations using dollies and other provided tools.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook.
- Successful completion of a background check required.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
Employee must have:
- Ability to be active on your feet for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Availability on weekend (Saturdays) required. Hours vary weekly depending on scheduling needs, Tuesday - Saturday between 8:00 AM and 7:00 PM.
- At least two years of experience in retail, resale, or hospitality industries.
- Retail merchandising or other décor/design experience preferred.
- Experience with ShopKeep POS a plus.
This is a full-time position, eligible for benefits. Salary range is $45,000 - $55,000 commensurate on experience.
Full-time, non-exempt position reporting directly to the Director of ReStore Operations. Fulfill all aspects of ReStore marketing needs including social media platforms, print campaigns, digital campaigns, ReStore events, and brand exposure.
· Manage all ReStore social media platforms
· Create content for ReStore social media platforms
· Increase social media footprint and engagement
· Respond to customer, donor, and volunteer inquiries received through social media and digital platforms
· Manage ReStore Google business account
· Create graphics for digital and print marketing campaigns
· Develop and create marketing campaigns that will promote sales, target desired donations, and increase community engagement with the store
· Collaborate with ReStore donations team, ReStore Volunteer Coordinator, and ReStore leadership team to create marketing materials as needed
· Ensure that all Habitat for Humanity branding guidelines are being followed and that our mission is being positively represented
· Ensure that our mission and vision are incorporated into all marketing endeavors
· Source affordable marketing opportunities available to non-profit organizations
· Research grant opportunities available for marketing-related expenses
· Track the success of individual marketing campaigns
· Create a proactive marketing calendar with at least a six-month look ahead
· Meet and exceed all outlined goals
· Other ReStore marketing tasks as necessary
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Integrity, credibility, and commitment to Habitat’s mission
· Ability to relate to people with diverse backgrounds
· Effective written and oral communication skills
· Keen attention to detail.
· Creative self-starter with the ability to work both independently and with other staff and volunteers
· Ability to provide direction to other staff and volunteers
· Physical ability to complete work on the job site or in the store/warehouse, even during inclement weather
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook
· Proficiency with graphic design programs including Canva, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and Adobe Suite
· Successful completion of a background check required
· Associate’s Degree in Marketing or Branding; required
· Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Branding; preferred
Employee must be able to:
· Ability to be seated in an office environment for long periods of time
· Saturday availability is required
· At least one year of social media and/or marketing experience required
· At least one year of content creation and graphic design experience required
· $45,000 - $50,000 annually – commensurate based on experience